Thursday, December 15, 2011

Winter Poem

The predicted snow finally came and
seemed to fall endlessly from the sky.
Into the night it continued to fall as I
fell asleep to blowing winds.
When morning came, I was in awe.
The world was completely still and white.
For the first time, I am not awaken by
the sound of cars driving by.
The world is quiet, even though I see
Neighbors, knee-high in snow shoveling.
The neighborhood was blanketed in
a never-ending stretch of white carpet.
The feeling of being overwhelmed,
is soon subsided by excitement.
Neighbors are helping one another.
Shoveling until you feel weak.
I watch from the window,
as my younger brother plays in the snow.
I am overcome with a feeling of
being extremely grateful.
Grateful for being in a warm house.
Grateful for getting to enjoy the snow.
I put on my snow pants and rush out
to enjoy this moment.
A moment that I will not forget.


2 comments:

  1. Love your poem! It tells a nice story. There's nothing quite like waking up to a world of white. :)

    Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is really descriptive. I love the silence when waking up on christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete