Thursday, September 8, 2011

Introductions

Hey everyone my name is Devin Murphy and I am a freshman here at Whitney Young. I was fortunate enough to be an "ackie". My elementary school was Decatur Classical. I was born and raised in Chicago.
My family and I live in the Northwest side of Chicago, an area called Norwood Park.

I love to play sports, especially ice hockey and baseball. I have been playing hockey since I was 3 and currently play on a travel team in Northbrook. My team played against two teams from Sweden. Playing hockey is probably one of my favorite things to do.  I have one younger brother who is 10 years old. He also plays travel hockey and is a goalie.

My mother is Japanese and my father is Irish, making me a little bit of both. I also have a dog named Milkshake. My favorite food is probably sushi. I enjoy traveling to different places both on vacation and for hockey. I have traveled all over the U.S. and have been to Hawaii 4 times! This summer I went to Cancun, Mexico.

I also enjoy listening to music, reading, and writing. I am looking forward to this year and getting to know all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Devin! You've been playing hockey since you were 3. That's very impressive. I never knew you were Japaneses.

    ReplyDelete